A delightful property situated on a vast oil producing estate which originally dates back to the 18th century. La Limonaia stands in a magical setting surrounded by vineyards and orchards yet only a short walk (700 metres) from the nearest village, 10 Km from Lucca, under 1 hour from Pisa airport and a 30 minute drive from the coast. This charming property is tastetfully furnished in pretty, Tuscan pastel colours with terracotta tiled floors and wooden beamed ceilings throughout. The private fenced pool is ideal for families with small children and can be heated upon request. Bedrooms benefit from air-conditioning. Wi-fi and a children's play area. Cook service & bike hire available
The approach to La Limonia is via a private drive which leads to two restored farmhouses known as La Limonaia Grande (5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms) and La Limonaia Piccola (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) . Originally used for milling flour and making wine, the two properties face each other across a beautiful fruit orchard.
La Limonaia has been recently restored to the highest standards and offers a delightful, rustic setting with open fireplaces, pretty terraces for dining 'al fresco' and a large swimming pool, shared by the two properties. Smaller groups may rent La Limonaia Grande only, (sleeps up to 10 guests), or for larger groups both properties may be rented together to sleep 16 .
The owners have tried to make the villa as child friendly as possible with cots, high chairs, loads of toys, gated stairs if needed, locking gates to pool, and metal grids over fountains. There is an English speaking manager and a housekeeper living in the gate house at the main entrance to the estate who are on hand to assist you during your stay and there is intercom access from La Limonaia direct to the estate manager. The estate's delicious olive oil, and produce (according to season) are available to purchase and wine / oil tastings can be arranged. Bikes available for hire.
Limonaia Grande - Accommodation
Ground Floor consists of:
• Large fully equipped kitchen and dining room designed by Barthel of Florence. French windows opening to the south terrace
for al fresco dining under the pergola covered with grape vines. French windows also opening onto the west terrace with
a shaded dining table and bbq and pizza oven seating up to 16.
• Sitting room. Comfortable seating with very well stocked holiday reading and games for all ages. Open wood burning fire.
French windows opening to the orchard.
• Mezzanine Floor
• Sitting area leading to bedroom 5 with a four poster double bed and en suite bathroom.
First Floor consists of:
• Bedroom 1/ Main bedroom – King sized double bed with en suite bathroom.
• Bedroom 2 – 2 single beds or 1 double with en suite bathroom.
• Bedroom 3 – 2 single beds or 1 double.
• Bedroom 4 – 2 single beds
• Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a bathroom.
Limonaia Piccola - Accommodation
Ground Floor Consists of:
• Fully equipped kitchen/dining area designed by Barthel of Florence. Opening onto the South facing terrace with table, chairs and umbrella.
• Comfortable sitting area with open wood fireplace and well stocked bookcase.
• A secret staircase leading to the original cantina, which is now a table tennis and tabletop football room with a separate laundry room.
First floor consists of:
• Bedroom 1/ main bedroom – king sized double bed with en suite bathroom.
• Bedroom 2 – 2 single beds or 1 double.
• Bedroom 3 – 2 single beds.
• Bedrooms 2 and 3 share a bathroom.
• Large swimming pool – 12 x 6 metres at Limonaia Grande. The pool can be heated, is securely gated and fenced. Surrounded by umbrellas and sun chairs.
• Children’s play area in the orchard.
• Pergola with chairs and table to enjoy a relaxing drink.