This beautiful stone-built farmhouse offers is situated in a private, tranquil position with expansive views of surrounding olive groves & vineyards. Ideally located only 15 minutes by car from Florence and less than 3 Km from the village of Mercatale Val di Pesa. The location couldn’t be better with easy access to the charming Chianti hill towns and at 50 minutes from Siena and 1 hour from Lucca. Well-appointed, spacious interiors, Ai-con & wi-fi.
A typical Tuscan dirt track (1200 meters) brings you to Villa Val di Pesa, through vineyards, and olive groves. Originally a Medieva monastery - the property has evolved over the years into an authentic Tuscan country house. Restored in 2006 but its current owners who have been careful to maintain many of the original feature such as terracotta tiled floors and wooden beamed ceilings.
The fenced property consists of 2 hectares and includes the house (530 sqm), the pool (15 x 7,50 meters, open May – Sept) with Jacuzzi and a dependence (40 sqm). Please note that the Jacuzzi is NOT an hot tub.
The lawn is bordered with rose bushes and olive trees. A stone patio where is a BBQ, provides shadow for al fresco dining at a long table for 12 people with comfortable chairs.
From here some steps takes you to the fresh water pool with Jacuzzi. The area is furnished with sunbeds, tables and chairs with umbrellas. Next to the pool there is a nice changing room with a bathroom with shower and a well equipped fitness room!
530 sqm divided into two floors
- Entry hall
- Study room with double sofa bed and air conditioning.
- Dining area with table for 12
- First small but well equipped kitchen
- Main fully equipped kitchen (microwave, dishwasher, oven, toaster etc.)
- 1 double bedroom (5 steps) (cannot be separated) with bathroom with shower. This room is now provided with air conditioning.
- Living room with double sofa bed. In this room there is SKY TV SAT, and Iphone - Ipad Dock Station.
- 1 bathroom with shower
- Spacious central living room with fireplace. TV and DVD.
- 1 master bedroom with en suite bathroom (Jacuzzi tub) (cannot be separated)
- 1 twin/double bedroom with en suite bathroom (Jacuzzi tub)
- 2 double bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom (shower); the double beds can not be separated
- 1 guest bathroom
- The whole floor is air-conditioned.
Laundry room: washing machine and dryer; iron and iron board.
Wine cellar (see the photo)
Only upon request and owner approval it is possible to rent the dependence (which cannot be rented by a different group).
On the ground floor cosy living room (with sofa-bed) with kitchenette and 1 bathroom with shower.
1 double bedroom upstairs.
The Dependence is air conditioned.
Due to the stone steps connecting the two floors Casa Mattei is not suitable to people with walking difficulties.